1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie of the year so far: Bourne Ultimatum.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 30, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, he's coming out here for a premiere and I'm gonna be in fucking Indiana. I was even gonna blow a vacation day to go stalk him.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I like his stuff on the whole, too. Good Will Hunting is one of my fave movies.

And yes, I'm very...intent...when he's on screen.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, his career's been downhill since 98. He's only been in the Bourne trilogy, the Ocean's trilogy, the Departed, etc. since then.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Damon was on Leno the other night and showed a clip. First time I've seen them show a clip that made me go "holy shit" (it was the scene where the car falls backward off the parking garage.)
    The best thing about these flicks is the action feels real. Fight scenes are disorienting, car chases are out of control, no CGI as far as I can tell and overall the tone is akin to 70s action movies like the French Connection. Dialogue is clipped and movies are devoid of a larger-than life uber-villan. And isn't Scott Glenn in this one?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Damon is one of the best actors working...

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Here's the Variety review via Reelzchannel.com

http://www.reelzchannel.com/

Be sure to check out the scene where Damon jumps from one building down into another window --- then later you'll see how they shot it, with the camera man jumping right behind him in mid-air. Perhaps my favorite shot of the year.

This reviewer tells the same anecdote I did -- musta been in the same screening or he must read SportsJournalists.com!

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There once was this series of films with this lad named Connery....

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

San Diago.... whale's vagina... agree to disagree.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Just got in from the movie. Holy shit was it good. Easily the best of the three, and the first two were damn good.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Same here. I think it's the best yet, with the best fight scenes that even leave you laughing at other characters.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it. I thought the first two were just fine, but I wouldn't have put them above the books. Previews for this one look great, so I can't wait.
    Although I've still got to see Simpsons, too.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Just got back. It kicked ass. I love LOVE when a movie's good enough that the crowd applauds, and even though it was a late show, everyone applauded at the end. It was cool.

I only read the first book, but my impression was they pretty much ditched those story lines entirely. I know at about the halfway point of the first movie there was little outside of the title and the main characters' names that was the same. I never read the second book, so I can't say if that stayed the same, but the way the first ended, I highly doubt they stayed true to the book at all.

You should probably brush up on the first two movies, or at least the second one before you go. I hadn't and spent the first 40 minutes trying to remember what the hell was going on. Eventually they'll catch you up, so it's not absolutely necessary to enjoy the show, but I was still wishing I had seen the last one again.

Draft saved Draft deleted