1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie of the year so far: Bourne Ultimatum.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 30, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Saw it with a room full of critics and one -- who you'd know -- stood up at the end and said, "Play it again!"

Huge hit to come.
  2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Definitely looking forward to it. An interesting piece in the NYT today about how Robert Ludlum, much like Tupac, is a prolific artist even in death (although all three Bourne books-movies were written long ago): http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/business/media/30ludlum.html?8dpc
  3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I have free access to the private screening on Wednesday this week at the box office. I have been waiting for this movie to come out. This has been my "must see" movie of the year so I can't wait to go and see it. Thanks Tiger for the review.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Previews do look good. Looking forward to it.
  5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I am so excited to hear this. I have been looking forward to this movie all year. It's going to be tough for it to be better than "Once" or "Hot Fuzz."
  6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is the one I've been waiting for... Roeper and some other guy gave it two huge thumbs up last night...

I've been colossally disappointed by this Summer's movie crop this summer with the notable exceptions being "Knocked Up" and "Hot Fuzz" which actually came out in April...
  7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Cool. You know, reading the books... I've come to the opinion that the movies are actually superior to the books. Can't say that about many flicks (actually, I can't think of any).
  8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Basing this on the early buzz for the third installment, the Bourne movies seem to be an rarity these days, a series that doesn't decline in quality as it progresses. It's really impressive. Maybe it's just too early in the day, but I can't think of any recent series that can claim that. Looking forward to Ultimatum.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

However, it seems like the reviews on this one don't seem to advance it much past the plot in No. 2. Not that I'm complaining.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jason Bourne = Over-rated! Clap, clap, clap clap clap!
  11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm in the extreme minority that read the books, loved the books, and have yet to see the movies. I think I'll have to go back and re-read Ultimatum and then go see the movie to see how it compares.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You should.
Draft saved Draft deleted