1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie of 2012...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ted set the record for me for giving up on a movie in the first half hour. Took my 20 minutes to determine there was no redeeming value and shut it off. And I like childish humor.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Caught Argo over the weekend. Moved into my number 1 slot for 2012. Everything about it was great. Arkin deserves best supporting actor but Goodman should have gotten a nomination also. Both were equally great.
    As much as I liked Zero Dark Thirty I though Argo was better. ZD30 dragged at times but Argo keep me riveted the full 2 hours.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I liked Argo and Lincoln a lot. Argo was surprisingly funny.

Django was a B-movie-type romp but best picture?

It was about as realistic to the era as Trouble With The Curve was to scouting baseball.

I can't get past an antebellum era movie that had unlimited numbers of armed white guys on a plantation.

It was silly. Fun, but not a serious movie.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Historical accuracy would be important to me when I get around to seeing 'Lincoln.'
    Historical accuracy doesn't matter to me with regard to 'Django Unchained.'

I'm a stickler about that stuff when a movie is based on real people or events.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's hard to call Django a B-movie romp considering the cast, and the cost of the picture... It's not like this was some sleeper hit that came out of nowhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted