1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 1, 2011.

1. And I loved the boom in crowd noise after Rocky lands one of his haymakers right before they both tumble. But Rocky 2 would be the last in the installment where they realized a round is only 3 minutes. I think it took Rock about 10 minutes to put away Clubber in their final round in Rocky 3. One of the reasons I hated Rocky 3.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Dead Poets Society.

And I would put A Few Good Men in the running. After Nicholson admits to ordering the Code Red, you expect a not guilty verdict. When it is a guilty verdict, the explanation is spot on.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

'SE7EN'!! another fave i'm embarrassed to have forgotten. i was shaken up for days after first viewing. :eek:

'Se7en' and 'usual suspects' make a pretty strong case for spacey and the incredible run of flicks he had in the '90s-early '00s.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

When Permian doesn't score on the last play in the title game against Dallas Carter, and that music starts, and Billingsly gets a hug from his dad ... I struggle to keep it together.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll throw in another vote for Se7en.

I knew what was in the box, and I still love Freeman's line......."Whatever he needs....."

6. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Saw 'se7en' and The Usual Suspects on the same night, and they were the first two movies I saw Spacey in. Pretty much thought he was the scariest psycho ever.

Other endings:
    Glory (that movie makes it dusty)
    Jaws - seeing them have to essentially swim back to shore after killing the shark just seemed calm and freaky
    Field of Dreams - something about him playing catch with his dad gets me.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Se7en is a great choice. I think Boom had Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, which is memorable.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was explained because Apollo changed Rocky's style to a much faster pace, and that Rocky wasn't going to be able to last too long. They had a scene with Apollo and Tony, where they were watching Clubber on tape. Apollo says, "Got to put him away early ..."

9. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

This. I wondered when it would show up. The room always gets dusty ... every time.

10. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Officer and a Gentelman. Best date movie ever, if you couldn't hook up after that you had no hope.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Another jab for Rocky II.

Field of Dreams with the catch and then the line of cars coming to the ball field.

Always thought Sixteen Candles had a nice wrap-up with Sam and Jake and the birthday cake.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Fail-Safe
    The Thing From Another World
    The Thing (Remake)

Draft saved Draft deleted