1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whether it's the chronological ending or the real ending, it's a home run either way...

2. Mizzougrad96

Pulp Fiction would also be the answer to best movie intros.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This. When Mel Brooks went broad, he went horribly wrong.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not questioning its inclusion, just think it's an interesting point of discussion.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I don't know if Forrest Gump was mentioned, but I thought the ending was quite fitting given the nature of Tom Hanks' character. The obligatory feather and whimsical music is a calm conclusion to a roller coaster ride of a movie.

6. Mizzougrad96

I'm sorry your mother died of AIDS Forrest Jr. It's a good thing you can see dead people.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That wasn't the end, per say. That was with like 15 minutes left =)

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Added this to the "worst endings" thread, then realized it should be here instead.

The ending of "There's Something About Mary" was freaking awesome. It starts off cliched with Mary choosing Ted over Brett Farv-rah, but then the old guy shoots the guitar player to end the film and then the whole cast lip-syncs "Build Me Up Buttercup" through the credits. Outstanding.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

1970s version of "Invastion of the Body Snatchers had an awesome ending. Real sense of doom. Scary, too.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, and the original Planet of the Apes. Ima let the rest of you finish, but this was one of the best endings of ALL TIME.

Damn them all to hell!

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Can we nominate shit films with great endings that we'll never forget?

If so, I hereby nominate the film Just One Of The Guys, a 1985 flick that's sole redeeming quality was that, with 12 minutes left, Joyce Hyser reveals that she's a woman by showing one of the characters the most glorious set of tits 12-year old me had ever seen in his life.

I just popped it up on Netflix to confirm the titties were as magnificent as I remember and, by golly, they sure are.

Draft saved Draft deleted