1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was always my thought. Understated with great cinematography and music. They pulled it off and the knowing smiles were enough to know everything was good, even for Danny.

2. "The Lives of Others"

Knowing that Ulrich Muhe was actually the subject of Stasi spying/persecution makes the ending even more powerful.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love the ending of Titanic, when the old lady dies and is reunited with all of the people who died on the boat. Some pretty impressive CGI as well.

Also, A Beautiful Mind. You watch it and you almost have to immediately rewatch it to go...okay, WTF JUST HAPPENED?!

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Eh, apart from the fact that I had to pee the second time I caught it in theaters, I didn't mind the prolonged endings. They spent enough time building up each aspect of the series that to not close each one would have felt wrong.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The original Ocean's Eleven, of course, ended perfectly.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm a big Mel Brooks fan, can quote most of "High Anxiety" from memory... and I HATED "Spaceballs." I've never understood why people like it.

7. I hated spaceballs the first time I saw it as well, but it grew on me. little things like

"State your name." "Barf." "No, your WHOLE name" . . . (proudly) "Barfolemew". Lots of little things I missed the first time around.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

NO SPOILERS!

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Animal Crackers . . . from the verbal trio's rendition of My Old Kentucky Home, to the conclusion.
    Best finishing combination of hilarity and whimsy that the boys managed to produce.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party, but I'll echo the inclusion of There Will Be Blood. That was masterful.

And I cried like a little bitch at the end of Big Fish. Still do, whenever I see it.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm late to this one as well...

Godfather Part II
    Scarface
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Se7en
    Usual Suspects
    Zodiac
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Spicoli and Hamilton in the convenience store)
    Empire Strikes Back
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Terminator I
    Toy Story 3
    Shrek 2

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What do you consider the real ending to Pulp Fiction? Chronologically, I guess it was Butch saying "Zed's dead," and riding off with his girlfriend on the motorcycle.

Draft saved Draft deleted