1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie cameo appearance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Crystal was.

Bruno Kirby was in Godfather II. He introduced Don to crime.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, they were just borrowing that rug!

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rob Reiner a little sitcom called All
    In the Family
    Ever hear of Lavern and Shirley?

I don’t consider Nicholson in A Few Good Men to be a cameo. He was a supporting actor.

But if you do, Mike Myers in Almost Famous

Wenders likes this.
  4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

So I see Ron Jeremy, Tom Selleck, Meryl Streep (thought maybe it’s glen close), Della Reese, and it appears to be Hugh Laurie (in the red shirt in the back). Now that is some cameo action.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Patrick Macnee, who played the record label owner, was a big star from movies and The Avengers.

Howard Hesseman was on Wkrp.

Though, it also had Dana Carvey, Fran Drescher, Ed Begley, Jr. and Angelica Houston in early roles of their careers. The casting director for the movie knew their stuff.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

More than that ...
    First meeting with his officers ("Who the fuck is Private William Santiago")
    Lunch with the JAG lawyers, Cruise and Demi Moore.
    The trial...there's three.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Space movies: Chuck Yeager as an old guy drinking beer at the bar in "The Right Stuff," and Jim Lovell as the Navy captain on the aircraft carrier in "Apollo 13."

Wenders, Vombatus, Killick and 3 others like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pitt's cameo in that movie was better, but Damon's explanation of butt wiping technique to Alan Tudyk was a very Deadpool kinda moment.

Also, no Stan Lee yet? His cameo in Mallrats was great. The cameo referencing it in Captain Marvel was clever. My favorite of his was in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "Stop trying to scare us, blondie."

'Nuff said.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lee Trevino's "Grizzly Adams did have a beard" one-liner was awesome, too.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Another horror movie one, even if it came about six years too late and 10 years before they actually followed up on it: Freddy Krueger's glove popping out of the ground to pull Jason Voorhees' mask underground at the end of "Jason Goes to Hell" (Friday the 13th Part 9).

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A trio from a memorable scene in Point Break, when they screw up and raid the house of the wrong surfer gang.
    Anthony Kiedis is one of the surfers (although he actually has two scenes in this movie, his part is small enough to qualify as a cameo IMO).

Tom Sizemore is the undercover FBI agent (Deets) whose work they destroy and who gives a speech I often quote in my head when someone is giving me a backhanded compliment:
    PAPPAS: Nice tattoo, Deets.
    DEETS: Oh, you like that Pappas? FUCK YOU!
    Or when I suddenly have a story crap out on deadline, especially one I've been working on for a while:
    DEETS: I've been working on these fuckers for THREE MONTHS! THREE MONTHS!

And, finally, Julie Michaels is the naked chick with the spectacular breasts who kicks Keanu's ass in the shower. You might remember her better from her role as the blonde girl who gets topless in Road House.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The cameo stuff. So two of the four main characters should not be considered.

Draft saved Draft deleted