1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Movie Bad Ass Hero?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 13, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nothing gets by you...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We were all having a little fun with the reference. Stay with us.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the Remo Williams movie with friends when it came out. Nothing special, but I did enjoy the back-and-forth between Remo and Chiun. My favorite was their last exchange before the credits, Remo: "Chiun, why are you such a pain in the ass." Chiun: "Because it is shortest path to your brain."

4. CD Boogie

The fight scene at the Statue of Liberty, which was then undergoing renovations IIRC, was pretty damn cool for its time.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the Shaft movie this summer. I wish there was a franchise of mid-budget ($50-75m) action movies that always delivered similar to the Dirty Harry movies. No CG, maybe a car chase or two and a shoot out, I realize there is Jack Reacher, but Cruise already has MI (2 sequels in the works) a Top Gun sequel and Live, Die Repeat sequel (the first one was great though tanked due to a clumsy title Edge of Tomorrow.
    Speaking of Jack Reacher - there is a Spenser movie coming out with Mark Wahlberg as Spenser. Sure Wahlberg was in the Fighter, but Spnser was a heavyweight. The movie tag in imdb describes Spenser as an "ex-felon" - WHAT??

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He also smoked Chuck Cunningham with a bazooka.

No wonder Howard and Marian scrubbed their minds of memories of their oldest son.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Three pages, and no mention of THIS guy?

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

YES

The final sequence in the sequel is freaking incredible as well.

9. CD Boogie

Marky Mark dropping literary references...nope.

Who will play Hawk? Haven’t seen Avery Brooks in anything in years. Saw him play Caliban in The Tempest in 1986 at the the recently torched Stratford Theater. That guy had acting chops. Hope they can squeeze in a cameo.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Avery Brooks hasn't done much as an actor since Star Trek: Deep Space Nine went off the air in 1999.

11. CD Boogie

Forgot he was even in that. Star Trek was never my bag.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think John Wick will hold the record for most individual kills after the new movie opens this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted