1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best MLB cap of all time?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I prefer this one from the 1961 LA Angels, with the halo sewn into the top:

[​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Probably because green is my favorite color, but I've always been partial to the old Oakland A's hats:

[​IMG]

And while I haven't seen it, this one looks pretty cool:

[​IMG]

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

As a kid, I thought the halo was supposed to be a yarmulke... I have no idea why

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have throwbacks of both of those. For a while my station had an in-newsroom studio, and you could see the back of my head in the shots. I wore that cap and everyone said it looked like a yarmulke on-cam.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

They just don't make caps or uniforms like they used to. Hate all the boring road jerseys.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The Devils Rays?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Someday I'd like to own all 30 (with a few extras thrown in) - Right now, I've got 10-12 authentics with a few giveaways, non-game designs and a BP hat or two thrown in.

The best will always be the Old English D, but I'm horrendously biased, because I have lived in Michigan all my life and love the Tigers.

With them thrown out, I really like how Washington brought back the cursive W. Bought that one right after it came out, and the day I did so, MLB.com was selling buy-one-get-one-half-off, so I decided to go vintage and get a Brooklyn Dodgers hat. Love both of them.

The A's and Mets are great because it's just plain loud with the yellow brim or the orange-on-blue logo, but never quite goes over the line into garish. In terms of new designs, I think the Sedona Red/Black thing is a sharp look for the DBacks, much better than that old purple/green/? explosion from the Luis Gonzalez/Matt Williams era.

As for ones I don't have, I like the clean, modernized classic look the Angels have right now (can't get into the lower-case a one - too espn2 for me). If I didn't hate the White Sox fiercely, I'd probably have bought theirs by now. I think, though, the next one I get may be the three-panel Expos one, only because it's kind of baseball-hipster ironic.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

[​IMG]

This

10. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

White T, red C, navy hat.

Since 1961.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Except for most of the '80s and '90s.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

They still wore those off and on, until the M settled in as the road cap.

Honestly, I wish they just went back to the 1961 uniforms full time. They're great.

Draft saved Draft deleted