1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best mid-major hoops coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who is the best mid-major men's college basketball coach? Has built a program, good game coach, and not an out-and-out cheater?

(Other than Mark Few, Jim Larranaga and the guy at Belmont, all of whom probably aren't looking for another job).

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dana Altman.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

One guy who's NOT on the list: UW-Milwaukee's Rob Jeter. [/Gutter]

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wright State's Brad Brownell ... used to be at UNC Wilmington ... is a good one.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Oh, wait. This was a MID-major discussion. My bad.

Clearly, UW-Milwaukee is low-major.

:D

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I don't know if he's the best, but Old Dominion's Blaine Taylor is doing a decent job.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck Jim Larranaga in the dick with a rusty spork. Fuck him and good.

And Brad Brownell is a good choice. Just look at how UNCW completely fell apart without him.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought you were going to throw Tom Pecora's name in there.

10. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Brad Brownell once left me a voicemail and forgot to hang up his phone after the message, so I got about five minutes of him driving around in his car listening to sports-talk radio afterwards. I was a little disappointed it wasn't something he could sing along to. But I'll certainly vouch for his coaching, if not his grasp of technology. Dana Altman also a good choice, as well as someone willing to drink a beer with you should you run into him in the middle of Kansas.

11. Whaaaaat? I normally condone all types of spork violence, but Jim L is one of the nicest coaches I've ever dealt with.

Draft saved Draft deleted