1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Michael Jackson song?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 26, 2009.

?

What's Michael Jackson's best song?

1. Thriller

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Beat It

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Billie Jean

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Smooth Criminal

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Man in the Mirror

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. The Way You Make Me Feel

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. Say Say Say

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. PYT

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. You Wanna Be Startin' Something

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  11. Other

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah that was creepy, at least the shirtless Michael was :), but I loved the song.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think the half nekkid Lisa Marie would have been fine in another video, one without Michael. It just made me wonder if they actually, like had sex.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I doubt that. I firmly believe that Michael may have been asexual, and if he wasn't, he was gay.

I love the way you say nekkid :)

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I think Lisa Marie never flat out said they had sex, but she made it obvious they had, um, a lot of, eh, physical contact. (here comes the nausea)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hate you a little bit for that. :p ;) :)

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That ground was much better explored with Run-DMC, Body Count, Rage Against the Machine and Insane Clown Posse.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That has to be the first time anyone has ever said better, Body Count and ICP in the same sentence.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The two hits from Off the Wall have to be added to that list, they might have been his two best songs.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was in Target the other day picking up a coffee maker and picked up a CD of Off the Wall for $9.88. The disc was a special edition with interviews and demos of the songs. I've got to admit, I never gave Jackson that much credit for his songwriting, but the demos show that he was definitely a good one. On one demo track of "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" he put together at home with Randy and Janet blowing on bottles and using other handheld percussion you hear the three of them collaborating (Janet was 12 or 13 at the time), they all just sounded like kids messing around...until the music started. Don't know why it struck me so much. Maybe just that it was so organic compared to the slick layered sound that came later.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rock With You.

I don't think he ever really looked happier and more at ease with himself than here.

Draft saved Draft deleted