1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" on CMT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Texas A&M wins the game and the last visit to the chicken ranch. Forgot about that movie.

It's amazing that the Aggies who got that trip were scripted without one single 270-pound lineman. Can they not dance? Texas fans have to be insulted seeing that movie.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

And I also suspect that if some of those guys were looking for a chicken ranch mate, they'd have to have had males working on the farm.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Still a great, underrated movie, capped by the writer of the song contributing a far, far, FAR better version of "I Will Always Love You" than the caterwauling that Whitney Houston turned in a decade later.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Back during the Broadway run of the stage production, I read a review that made special note of a casting change for the Governor's role following the 1978 election. It seems the the original actor vaguely resembled Dolph Bricoe, while the replacement vaguely resembled Bill Clements.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My favourite line is the Senator's response to conditions in the Middle East:

"It behooves the Jews and the Ay-rabs to settle their differences in a Christian manner".

Draft saved Draft deleted