1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best. Letter to the Editor. Ever.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wisportswriter, Jun 21, 2007.

1. http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=162959

Here's the letter. Go to the link (see below) if you want to read the many responses.

Dubuque and NE Iowa are Catholic crazy, emphasis on the latter.
    And as a practicing Catholic, I'm allowed to say that. Of course, in response to this LTTE, anyone's allowed to say that.

At least a little faith (pun intended) in the people of this area is restored in some of the responses, which are priceless.

(edit)
    I forgot - you have to have a user account to view pages. It's free and quick, and believe me, if you want to read the responses, it's worth your 30 seconds.

2. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Holy crap! My mom went to school at Wahlert. According to her, they won about every sports championship ever in the four years she was there.

3. donaugust

donaugust Member

You don't have to give real e-mail info when registering. It will give you access for 48 hours without you confirming the registration.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Most. Annoying. Thread. Title. Ever.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of the Adjective. Noun. Ever. meme. When Comic Book Guy did it the first time, it was funny. Now it reeks of fail.

6. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

This is the second-best letter to the editor ever.
    The best was from (I believe) the Augusta paper about five years ago. The guy wrote in and talked about how Adam and Eve had paradise, but the woman had to go fuck it up.
    Now, Martha Burk's protesting at Augusta National, and we're going down the same road again.
    If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted