1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best jerseys/uniforms, any sport, modern division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jun 18, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Sorry man, I love the Lakers gold (or is it yellow??) unis also, just thought the White looked classy

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Man I'm not an old guy, but the Oregon Uniforms are arguably the worst in sports - save for their white ones. The rest are terrible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I wish they'd just use these instead of the disaster that is the current uniform...

[​IMG]

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That might have been the best-looking NFL game last year. Love the Bucs' all-white unis, and those Bills throwbacks are sharp. It's amazing the Bills can come up with that as an alternate uniform, yet their normal ones look like something they stitched together from spare pieces of cloth at the Hobby Lobby discount bin.

Also agree on some of the college unis mentioned earlier. Both of Auburn's jerseys look great (makes me a little jealous as an LSU alum), and I love the Texas uniforms. Simple and timeless. I also like Michigan's white jerseys with the maize pants.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Michigan Wolverines home football uniforms. Penn State all white uniforms.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

[​IMG]

Ok, I'm biased as hell, but I love this look. I was in the market for a jersey, and waited until this one was unveiled, because who doesn't love powder blue?

Any of the NFL throwbacks -- Giants, Jets, Bills -- are great.

And while I'm not a fan of many retro styles, I dig the simplicity of Stanford baseball unis, even if they were eliminated.

I'm also a huge fan of Georgia football's red/silver look

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Gotta love long sleeves with shorts.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's like the bizarro-Supowicz look

10. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Two not yet mentioned:

Notre Dame football home

San Francisco Giants home

11. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

Don't worry too much, this is the last year of this partictular set if the recent trend stays in place. Since '96 they've changed every three years. Maybe you'll like the next set, haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For whatever reason, winter-sports garb is less subdued than pro baseball's and football's.

But in the basketball/hockey category, the red sweaters of the Blackhawks win, by the length of the stretch.

Draft saved Draft deleted