1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best jerseys/uniforms, any sport, modern division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jun 18, 2008.

1. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

The yellow helmets are ugly, but you old guys need to get with the program. The Oregon jerseys are the best in all of sports, not to mention they change them every three years and the fans go out and buy all new merchandise. My g/f actually likes to watch the Ducks play just so she can see which combination they're wearing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

First, unless it's white and in some occasions black, monochromatic uniforms are always a negative. Always. The Seahawks are no exceptions.

Second, the color combo they use, while unique, is hideous. It's second only to the Miami Dolphins in the "WTF were you thinking?" category of NFL uniform colors.

Third, the Seahawks' old blue/green/silver combo was much better than what they wear now. And the away jerseys are among the worst in all of sport, as are all of the Arena Football/college football style NFL jerseys out right now (Bills, Vikings, Cardinals, to name a few).

As others pointed out, the gold standards for NFL uniforms are the Chiefs and the Redskins. Those uniforms border on perfection. I'd throw in the Bears home jerseys as well, 'cause they're just beautiful. A good uniform is a good uniform from head-to-toe, and few teams in sports really capture it. But those three, while using plain schemes, have done it.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You forgot one.

[​IMG]

4. CollegeJournalist

One thing I've always questioned about the Dodgers' threads: why the red numbers on the front?

But I still love them.

But I don't worry about baseball uniforms because they are, in general, hard to screw up (unless you're the Pirates). Football sets have so much more to get right.

And A_QB, who'd I forget? I added the Bears.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Oops, guess I posted that before you made that edit.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

College football:
    UCLA home

College basketball:
    UCLA away

MLB:
    Dodgers Home

NBA
    Portland alternate red

NFL
    Bears away - blue pants
    Chargers home - alternate powder

NHL
    Habs-home

Soccer
    Argentina or Germany

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Auburn and UCLA are my favorite college unis.

8. CollegeJournalist

Agreed, 100 percent.

Auburn's color scheme is great and (surprisingly) unique. UCLA's powder blue is just awesome. I'm a big fan of Texas' and Oklahoma's as well. The Red River Shootout is among the best-looking games all year, along with USC-UCLA (especially this year) and the Iron Bowl.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I really like the Hawks' new threads.

[​IMG]

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Gotta say I like the Lakers Whites
    As a Seahawks fan, I hate their Unis
    Second the UCLA FB and Dodgers, for college oops I love Kansas

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Spaceman endorses......

Blackhawks red road sweater, that Tony O sweater is a great pull.
    Yankees home and road

gotta show some love for the Canadiens' old road reds

yes, i'm too frigging lazy to post pix

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As someone who grew up rooting for the Lakers, the white uniform pisses me off to no end.

One of the great franchises in sports with the distinction of being the only team in the NBA to use a non-white home jersey... so they add one that looks like they slapped a Lakers logo on a Pacers jersey. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Though as I Duck I may not be allowed to say this, the UCLA football jerseys are pretty damn nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted