1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best iPhone apps for reporters

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Those of you that use the iPhone, tell me some of your best apps that could be beneficial in reporting. I have all the travel and weather ones, and also the one that allows you to use your phone as a recording device. Very nice. Any others to look out for?

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

JobFinder would probably be an important one in today's industry. And maybe iJobs.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I use iProRecorder instead of the native voice recording app, it's got a jog wheel that is great for transcribing.

Notes app works for the obvious typing.

TweetDeck allows me to read and post to Twitter and Facebook feeds from multiple accounts, meaning I can use both personal and work accounts simultaneously.

I've used iMovie to do a couple web videos for our website, Camera+ is a bit better than the native camera app.

I should also mention CalenGoo, which manages your Google Calendar. Years ago I switched our section's calendaring to iCal, and now to Google because it can be viewed and managed from anywhere.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

iScore baseball and iScore basketball.

5. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

That's a really good idea.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Unless Google turns out to be the devil. Fortunately I have no soul.

Draft saved Draft deleted