1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Inventions This Decade

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JNEWFIFTY, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Snuggie!

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember taking an intro to broadcasting course in the fall of 1994 and the professor was talking about the coming HDTV revolution. Took about 10 years, but he was right on the money.

I'd have to say it's TiVo/DVR or the iPod. But since the former is not really portable, I'll go with the iPod, which launched in 2001.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Lots of great ones mentioned so far, but two pages and nobody's mentioned the iPhone yet?

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I can't find for sure if it was this decade or not. But the Rat Zapper is in my top 5. For anyone who has mice - or rat - problems, the Zapper is the only way to go. We tried regular snap traps, glue traps, everything, and absolutely nothing worked, until the Rat Zapper came into our lives. I now think of it as NORAD, it's defending us even when we're not thinking about it.

http://www.ratzapper.com/

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know that. But it didn't hit mainstream and the mass market until a few years ago.

Yes, it was available in stores. But the costs were astronomical and few networks and affiliates had the audio and video equipment to take proper advantage.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

iPod touch
    Tivo

7. I say wireless internet. I don't own an iPod of any kind or an HDTV, and I have no desire to. My family has an HDTV, and I can't see why so many people think it's so great.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jon Saraceno[/mankyjimy]

9. duckncover

duckncover Member

Take that back!

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

ipod

DVR

smart phones

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It'll be awhile before it's practically appliable, but they've made some incredible advances in working with the brain. Stuff like implanting chips in your skull that let you learn to control machines and computers with your minds. Also, there's been some success recovering images from the mind. It's freaky.

Draft saved Draft deleted