1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Independence Day movies?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I found the movie incredibly realistic and prophetic. In the movie, we had a president who had training as a military pilot. And he got into the jet himself and took on the space aliens.

A mere four years after the movie was made, we did have a president who had training as a military aviator. And he got into the jet himself and ... well, no ... he had his photo taken aboard an aircraft carrier while other pilots got into the jets and went on the missions.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Come on, Frank. Admit it. You have a problem with presidents who are the biggest goddamn hero in the world.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Independence Day is my favorite. Realistic? No. Hilarious, good special effects (for 1996), with Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum AND Bill Pullman? It's a winner in my house.

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I always loved the Sandlot. Playing ball at night under the fireworks ... ah Americana.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

OK, just watched part of Independence Day. What I want to know is where I can get a laptop like Goldblum's that has a battery that never runs down? And how did he have wireless everywhere he went back in 1996? I'm so confused.

Draft saved Draft deleted