1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Hot Dogs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HelicopterHarry, May 27, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, Buck.

Uptown or down now.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hmmm...it's sort of like a lighter version of thousand island, perhaps? But that doesn't do it justice. It's a thinner version, but with a lot more flavor. It's fantastic on salads or sandwiches. Last time I was in Chicago my sister-in-law gave me a large container
    of the dressing to bring home. I used it in three days, and I used it on everything. I'm also a condiment groupie, though, so I don't want to oversell it. But, damn, it is now all I can think about...

3. heserieL

heserieL New Member

Now I'm hungry.... :-X

4. I'll confirm that, although I thought Purdue had the best hot dogs of all when they had the old press box. I was disappointed the first time I stepped into the new press box and learned the hot dogs had been removed from the food options.

5. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Vienna is the top brand in Chicago.

6. Hate-Miser2

Hate-Miser2 Member

My wife calls me a "condiment whore", so I'm in the same boat as you. It's quite often that the sandwiches I pack for lunch are determined solely by the condiments we have to put on it.

I may e-mail them and see if they sell that dressing and ship it through their website.

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

The Pool Room in Cordele.
    Even better than The Varsity. I guess what makes those dogs so good is the ambience of The Varsity.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Can you actually get New York System weiners in NYC? I have trouble finding them outside R.I.

As far as what I can buy at the supermarket, nothing tops Nathan's.

But my all-time fave was Lum's - big, plump and steamed in beer. They were also the fave of Uncle Miltie and friends:

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/index.php?c=3233&m=lums

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think so, strictly a RI thing, i think.

They got written up in the Times last fall:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/25/us/25land.html?pagewanted=all

Though, the article is more about corruption than hot dogs.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've only had them in Rhode Island. There is one on Smith St and the other is in Onyneville SQ.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great article - have to love RI politics.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

stewartshotdogs.com

Draft saved Draft deleted