1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best headline ever: Faceless scumbag speaks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 20, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This guy trolls around the web posting nasty messages on memorial web sites, then revels in the reaction he gets. The Ottawa Sun calls him what he is:

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/11/18/16211266.html

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sun Media/QMI has had the best headlines for as long as I can remember.

My favourite, after Paul Bernardo was sentenced: "ROT IN HELL, YOU BASTARD!"

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember a Toronto Sun headline once referred to a crackhead who had robbed a store or something of that nature.

Problem was, the accompanying article didn't mention any kind of drug problem the accused may have had.

Still a win for the Sun, though, just because. :)

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

After Chris Webber was found to have marijuana in his car, NY Post referred to him as "Potsie Webber" in the headline.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Post has to be the gold standard for this stuff, right?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Faceless Scumbag is related to the Headless Man in the Topless Bar?

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

When you come up with "Ike, 76, beats Tina to death" in a four-deck one-column, then ... yes. Solid gold.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Also gold, Baron

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "faceless scumbags" are banking on the fact that law enforcement probably won't fuck with them since their activities are of borderline illegality.

However, someday, the "faceless scumbags" will fuck with the wrong people -- people with the capacity to track them down, the capacity to do something about it, and no particular concern about legality.

Good luck, faceless scumbags. Eventually, you'll need it. :eek: :eek:

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Plagiarists

(Harvard Beats Yale 29-29)

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Somewhere, there's a tapeworm infesting a rat's colon with more inherent humanity than this coward trash.

β€œIn MANY cases, these memorial pages are set up by people who hardly even knew the deceased.”

Spare us the outrage, you piece of shit.

Starman, I think you just wrote the outline for the modern-day wave of "Death Wish" remakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted