1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best guest appearance, musical division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Joe Ely supplying Spanish phrases to The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go".

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Excellent call.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

John Prine backed by Bruce Springsteen & Albert Lee on 'Take A Look At My Heart'.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Brian Wilson vocals on Neil Diamond's Delirious Love. I just heard a version without Wilson's backup and it was still good, but missing something. It took me a minute to realize what it was.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mick Jagger/Keith Richards and John Lennon/Paul McCartney swapping backup vocals on "All You Need Is Love" (B's) and "We Love You," (Stones).

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Tina turner on zappa's montana

Stevie ray Vaughan on Bowie's let's dance

The horn section of kool and the gang on Genesis's no reply at all.

Also, an urban legend for years had rod Stewart playing harmonica om Minnie small's my boy lollipop.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It may be a marginal inclusion since he played on the whole album.... but I love Branford Marsalis' work on Sting's "Fortress Around Your Heart."

Paul Westerberg on Joan Jett's "Backlash."

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

KRS-1 and ... everyone.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No, those were the EWF (Earth, Wind and Fire) horns, who also did a lot of work on Phil Collins' first four solo albums (known and credited as the Phenix Horns).

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's the worst and most trite song on Wrecking Ball, and Morello's guitar is buried in the mix.

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

You are correct. I was going off memory. Still, a great guest appearance.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If you are counting session work, Glen Campbell has a resume that crushes most everyone else. In the 60s he recorded with numerous acts including the Beach Boys, Elvis, Sinatra and Dean Martin.

Draft saved Draft deleted