1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Golf Tournament swag?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 7, 2014.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey Scooby gang .... I've been tasked with researching some ideas for gift items for a client putting on a golf tournament. It's not a huge budget and I'm looking at branded sun screen, vests, golf kits, umbrellas, etc. but wondered .... what's the coolest and/or most useful gift you've received at a tournament?

2. Ethics in the industry forbid journalists from accepting gifts of value. Thus, they have no experience as to what is the coolest and/or most useful gift.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe a divot tool with your client's branding?

http://www.golfballs.com/Custom-Logo/Divot-Tools.html#

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got a golf glove playing in one of those once. Incredibly useful.
    A sleeve of balls with the corporate logo might also be nice.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Computer bag? Divot tool? Nice, personalized bag tag? You can lose golf balls although I guess somebody will find them so you keep getting life out of them.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

An oversized tee that fits snugly and safely in a stripper's ass.

7. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Umbrella. Quality. Good for on and off the course. With a nice big logo for advertising.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The client has done umbrellas and clubs in the past, I'm told. They have a sponsor for balls and tees so those are out. Thanks to all for the suggestions!

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Not sure where this would fit in budget-wise, but what about valuables bags (not sure of the official name) that players can put their wallet, keys, cell phone, etc., in and stick in their golf bag during the round. Put the corporate logo on it and I'd bet they would get a ton of use out of it.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

A green jacket is rather nice.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Cool idea. Thanks!

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

HC, at the 1985 Cotton Bowl, they gave us logo-ed cotton (natch) golf shoe bags. Those are big enough to use to carry almost all portable small items and I still have and use mine (not for shoes) 30 years later.

Draft saved Draft deleted