1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best golf course you've ever played

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No laughter here. That's a stunningly beautiful course, and a great course. Few casual golf fans know about it, because they'll never play a professional tournament there. Hence the name ... it's meant to "honor" the amateur game. NCAAs and U.S. Ams have been there, though.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Building on Huggy's Hell theme, I forgot to mention Purgatory north of Indianapolis.

Great course, and from the tips, measures 3787-3967—7754, including a 741-yard par-5 on the back nine.

I didn't play all the hole from back there, but I did play the longun. Driver, driver, 3-wood, wedge, and two putts for bogey.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You've hit the nail on the head with this one, Del.

One of my best days on the course came after I'd sprayed lead at the range for a half a day and then moved to the course. The best part about it, though, is the shit smell from that treatment plant nearby.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I'm thinking of the course on the other side of the airport.

5. Most disappointing experience.
    Got to be the K Club. The course was fine, except that it was a little bit of North Carolina dropped in rural Ireland. But the people there treated us as though we'd come to steal silverware.

Draft saved Draft deleted