1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Frontman (or woman)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Gotta agree with Bucknutty; 20 years ago pretty cool.
    But when you are singing songs about former fatass television detectives (Perry Mason :eek:) you've gone the way of 'Europe.'

Ozzy is living off his old name and the lore of burned out high school kids with OZZY tattooed on their knuckles.

Axl has also gone the way of Ozzy. In the band's heyday he was awesome. Now, he's a sweaty fat ass parading around the stage trying to hit high notes he used to nail.

I remember a Van Halen concert in Charleston many years ago. Roth stopped the show and pitched a bitch comes these dudes were throwing water balloons onto the stage.

2. formulacola

formulacola Member

I'll go with these off the top of my head:

Bruce Springsteen
    Bono
    Jeff Tweedy
    and the combined Marah frontage of Dave and Serge Bielanko

3. No mention yet of Stevie Nicks on the distaff side?

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Definitely have to agree with Bucknutty and the Vilainous Popcorn Man. I went to OzzFest '01 and he was pretty much a maniac when performing, but three years later, it was nothing short of pathetic. Jumping around like he had Parkinson's (which with all the drugs he's done, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have it already), flubbing lyrics and just flat-out didn't show the life in his performances that he did just a few years before.

The picture I posted is the way I choose to remember Ozzy: animated, half-crazy and a great showman. I can only imagine seeing him 15 or so years before '01.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

what the fuck does his being gay and dying of AIDS have to do with anything.
    Moron

6. Mmac

Mmac Guest

No love for Iggy Pop?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wouldn't Bruce be disqualified under my original guidelines? Ditto Tom Petty.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Maybe 93 is a disciple of that guy (Paul Ober-somethingorother) who blogged about the "hotness" of Christine Daniels.

Oh, BTW, where's the love for Brian Johnson?

9. Mira

Mira Member

Michael Stipe is pretty darn good, too. Long live REM.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a good point, but the E-Street Band is a lot more than just a backup band...

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes.

Freddie.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The word "moron" is about to sue you for libel.

Draft saved Draft deleted