1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best fantasy football host?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Aug 5, 2008.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

ESPN worked well for us last season. A glitch at the beginning of the draft, but after that, everything was fine.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I love sportsline for baseball, but I've mostly used Yahoo for football. No real problems, but yeah, you have to pay for live scoring. Of course it's no hassle to just click on the box scores, but you can't see your points.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I use Yahoo!, but I don't pay for the live scoring for football because I usually only have one or two teams. I don't mind doing the math two days a week.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Myfantasyleague.com is unbelievable. You can basically customize your entire team page, logos, helmets and all that stuff. Scoring can be made to do whatever your league wants, beyond what ESPN or Yahoo can do. They carry your league over from year to year, they provide lists of best players, players that have been dropped and added just like the others. They even have a live scoring feature with sound.

I would be sitting on my couch and no lie, when the Lions were playing, the thing would be going nuts for sacks and interceptions etc. It was awesome, and annoyed my fat ass roommate at the same time.

The live scoring with sound is above all. The live scoring also has features so you can import your other teams from other leagues that are say, on Yahoo.com etc into the scoring. It also has these tabs that you can click on to see the highest up-to-the minute scorings by position, team, or any other thing you can think of. Simply awesome. It also offers other fantasy games that my league uses like Pick' Em and survivor pools.

Oh yeah and their tech support is very good.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I won't pay for it either--it's usually not too hard to figure out how you're doing.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Sports Illustrated is offering a new one through Facebook.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I heard about that. Not sure how it will work, but I might have to check it out.

8. seth148

seth148 Member

Fanball.com has live scoring and lots of customization. It's $69 and has lots of features. I also agree with MyFantasyLeague.com as well for those in the "get what you pay for" crowd. If you're a diehard and will be spending a lot of time, it's worth spending a few bucks for a better experience in my opinion.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I pay for it for baseball, but I'm in four leagues and one is a Yahoo! Plus league, so the $8 is worth it.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I pay a decent amount for my sportsline leagues for baseball, and I'm really happy with it. But I agree, if you're playing that much on Yahoo, the money would be worth it then.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What Mustang said.

Draft saved Draft deleted