1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best fantasy football host?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Aug 5, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

random question, but just wondering who the best host is for fantasy football, in your experience. I've gone through several and never had any troubles with yahoo, but also kind of liked the ea sports setup. The wwl's thing crashed repeatedly while we tried to set it up there a few years back, so haven't gone back.
    what's the go-to host for you?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't have any idea, but I heard the other day that ESPN is offering free live scoring. If that's true, it definitely trumps Yahoo.

3. jps

jps Active Member

if their system holds up ... the servers kept crashing during our draft last time we tried it ... so would like to trust em, but just don't wanna deal with that hassle again.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Had lots of problems with an ESPN hosted baseball league last year. But smooth sailing so far this year.

5. Been using CBS Sportsline the past few years in my big-money league. It's great.

6. jps

jps Active Member

you're in journalism? and in a big-money league? your place have any openings?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm sure big money means a $20 entry fee.

8. jps

jps Active Member

I have $4 in my checking account. that's big money, pall.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Spnited just spilled Maaylox on his Matlock DVD in his rush to post on this thread.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yahoo seems to be rock solid.

I think I saw that they are adding a free keeper mode as well.

11. jps

jps Active Member

mikey's gonna be pissed. pretty sure spn borrowed that dvd.

12. $100 buy-in
    $10 a pickup
    $5 a trade

After all payouts, champ usually takes home at least $1,500.

Draft saved Draft deleted