1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Fan Day Ever!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Jan 28, 2009.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Pardon if it's a D_B.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3864246

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is insane.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Wow. That's one lucky guy. Very cool story, though.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I've never been a huge Reilly fan, but sometimes his work is outstanding.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought this was about how Ohio State canceled classes today and then gave out free tickets to the mens basketball game to students.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Excellent!

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He did an uncharacteristically good job staying out of the way of the story (except a bit at the beginning), but this was a great story, not great writing.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have a friend from high school who is a genius. Not smart, not intelligent, but a savant. His mind is a computer. Anyway, he went to Georgia Tech for undergrad while I was in North Carolina. He never went to class, but spent his college years traveling around the country scalping tickets to major sporting events. But he didn't just scalp the tickets, he would also go to the games. He would never use a ticket. He knew the back way into every stadium and arena. When the Bills and Cowboys played in the Super Bowl in Atlanta, he picked up a bright yellow security windbreaker outside the Georgia Dome and ended up on the field for the game. He can be seen cheering when I-can't-remember-who returned an interception for a touchdown for the Cowboys. This lifestyle continued even as he got his master's at Stanford. He later moved to Qatar on a whim and ended up spending eight years in the Middle East. Now he's a think-tank guy on Middle East policy.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe sometimes it is what you know and not who you know.

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

My friend swears by one sentence: If you act like you belong, people think you belong.

This guy illustrated that to a tee.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Rob Deer of columnists... age has turned him into an average hitter with a lot of strikeouts, but when he connects, ball go far...

12. I'm an old grump, but the lede struck me as tremendously insensitive.
    I liked the subject a lot, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted