1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Eagles song ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 22, 2008.

?

What's the best Eagles' single?

1. Hotel California

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Desperado

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Witchy Woman

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Seven Bridges Road

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Get Over it

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Lyin' Eyes

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. Take it Easy

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Tequila Sunrise

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. The Greeks don't want no freaks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I'm a sucker for the earliest stuff. "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Take It Easy" are hard to beat.

That said, I'm a fan of many of their songs. It's hard to go against several as a fave.

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I was just about to add that. Big fan of Wasted Time too.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Overlooked:

On The Border

Those Shoes

Victim of Love

They were ubiquitous in the 1970s when I was a teen. I've always had a low Joe Walsh tolerance, though. Can't fucking stand him.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

How about "One of These Nights"?

5. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Take It To The Limit is an excellent song which hasn't been played to death like many on this list. I second the mentions for The Last Resort, Wasted Time and Pretty Maids All In a Row.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and that is why you are the slapmaster.

since it wasn't an option, i went with tequila sunrise.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You nailed it there. Three great album cuts that didn't get AM-radioed to death.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I used to own the On The Border album before selling it for food back in the day. It actually wasn't that bad. Wouldn't mind if I still owned it.

Conversely, I also owned Hotel California, which is sort of the El Lay self-pitying precursor to the mother of all self-pitying, woe-is-me, tortured artist albums ... Pink Floyd's The Wall. Can't believe I liked either of those monuments to whining.

Whatever food I got for selling Hotel California, even if it was just a stale bag of Chex Mix, was well worth it.

And if Take It To The Limit was in the poll, I'd vote. I can live with Randy Meisner. Better still if In The City was included, which was originally a Joe Walsh solo song.

9. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

I concur.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"James Dean" followed by "Already Gone" and "In the City"

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

"How Long."

Probably because it was originally a J.D. Souther song. But I like their version better than his.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We can all agree that the Eagles suck, but there's no reason to be slagging Pink Floyd up to and including 'The Final Cut.'

Draft saved Draft deleted