1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best death scenes in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 26, 2006.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Dedo,

Sorry if noting that I didn't have the name correctly didn't suffice. Did I spell Meredith Hunter's name right? You know him right? I, uh, took a stab at that one.
    YHS, etc

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Certainly not the most dramatic, but I find this one to be equally gruesome and well done.

Zombi 2 (Zombies) directed by Luciano Fulci:

When the doctor's wife gets splintered in the eye.

Never, ever forget that one.

And to throw one out:

I Spit on Your Grave: The bath tub scene. OUCH!

3. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

One I can't believe no one has mentioned: David Warner getting decapitated by a pane of glass in the original "The Omen". Also, in the I-can't-believe-it-happened division, Kevin Spacey getting shot in "L.A. Confidential".

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Can't believe I forgot this one:

Friday the 13th: New Blood (Part 7) I think

When Jason whacks a camper enclosed in a sleeping bag repeatedly against a tree. Wow!

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm going to get every detail of this wrong, but there was a scene, I believe, in a Burt Reynolds flick called Sharky's Machine, where the bad guy falls backward off a balcony. And as he does, he unloads his gun up at Burt, all slow-motion and no CGI bullshit, which was cool as hell.

I saw a "making of" and the stuntman squeezed off the shots without warning, because, in his words, he thought the guy was bad enough to have done exactly that... Trying to take the hero with him.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not to be confused with C.P.O. Sharkey, the 70s sitcom with Don Rickles. As far as I know, no one died in that show. Although that Don Rickles was a hoot.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This was posted in another thread a few weeks ago, but I'm submitting it again ...

http://videosift.com/story.php?id=846

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Not reading 5 pages of this, but hands the winner has to be from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie when Buffy kills the one armed vampire near the end of the movie. Fucking hilarious. It is a classic.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Michael Corleone's death was perfect. Sitting outside his villa in Sicily, alone and he just expires. Perfect.

10. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

I'd pick any of those disgusting deaths in Saw. I almost puked watching most of them.

Also, I believe that scene where Jason slams the guy in the sleeping bag against the tree was No. 5 for some reason, but also a good one.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Wasn't 5. Five was the ungodly attempt to give the series a different feel (IE NO Jason, only a copy-cat). Kind of like Halloween III: Season of the Witch. No Michael Myers, just death-dealing masks and commercials.

12. Dar Robinson. Later died while doing a motorcyle stunt. No joke intended.

Draft saved Draft deleted