1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best death scenes in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 26, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Arrow through the throat in the original "Friday the 13th."

2. alexg23

alexg23 Member

Re: Jack Dawson in Titanic, it always seems to me that they give up too easily on trying to find a way form both of them to balance out of the water on that door.

And a great death montage is all the minor players in the Luftansa heist turning up dead in Goodfellas, esp. the guy who looks like Eugene Levy's Bobby Bittman character hanging in the meat freezer.

"When they found Carbone in the meat truck, he was frozen so stiff it took them three days to thaw him out for the autopsy."

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I watched Bambi with a friend and her 2 kids, a girl, 6 and a boy, 4. My friend and I were concerned about the kids' reactions and were expecting having to explain Bambi's mom's death.

The kids had no reaction. The 4 year old said "Oh, did they shoot Bambi's mom?" The 6 year old responded, "Yeah, Bambi's mom is dead." That was it. No tears. No questions about death. Nothing.

4. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

William Peterson's death was pretty shocking as well.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I second (or third, or fourth) Marvin in Pulp Fiction. First time I saw that in the theater I busted up laughing.

Also, Lady Death Strike in X-Men 2, getting pumped full of adamanthium.

And when I was a kid, my brother and I would rewind and slo-mo the shipyard scene from Die Hard (2?) where a guy gets cut in half with a cable. That was just the coolest thing to us.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Still trying to outsmart me, aren't you, Muleskinner? You want me to think that you don't want me to go down there, but the subtle truth is, you really don't want me to go down there!"

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

When Bruce Willis throws the terrorists body out the window in Die Hard onto the cop car. I'll never forget the first time I saw that.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You should see the dance floor scene at the beginning of Ghost Ship then. Freaky.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Most stunning:

When a Confederate deserter sticks a sword through Jimmy Stewart's son in "Shenandoah."

When the captain of the British dragoons shoots Mel Gibson's son in "The Patriot," (early) and then knifes Heath Ledger (later) .

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Johnny Depp in Nightmare on Elm Street

11. Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner
    Harris Yulin in Scarface
    James Woods in Once Upon a Time in America. Ok, a reach, but I've never seen a garbage truck like that.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Leo's breathless dialogue in that film:

"Rose!...Rose!...Rose!...Rose!...Rose!...Rose!"

If you had had Jeff Spicoli on the ship, you would (phonetically) have had Citizen Kane's sled.

Draft saved Draft deleted