1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Death Scenes in a Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Jul 19, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The lead singer has also gone on the record elsewhere saying it was about Cobain.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Rolling Stone article:
    http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:a9hw2XRMfWwJ:www.rollingstone.com/artists/filter/articles/story/5929419/filter_are_back_in_the_fold+filter+budd+dwyer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=20&gl=us

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Eh, maybe I read somebody else saying that's what it was about, but I could have sworn the that's what he said.

Course now the lyrics make NO sense outside of the chorus.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some Star Wars fan I am. I had to look up Paul Blake. Talk about a scene that has been FUCKING RUINED!

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody mention Obi Wan in Star Wars?

Gene Hackman in Poseidon Adventure.

James Franciscus in one of the Planet of the Apes sequels - he's been shot yet finds the strength to crawl toward a nuclear trigger and collapses on the trigger. Game over.

6. Tyrone Power kills Basil Rathbone in The Mark of Zorro.
    Counter-four disengage.
    Yummy.

7. I remember when the song came out and everyone assumed it was about Cobain. The lyrics made me wonder if it was about Dwyer. I confirmed this with the band in 1996.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I was trying to remember what movie that was in. That was one of the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted