1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Reminds me that every time I drove past one of those I couldn't help reading the sign as "Untied Dairy Farmers" and picturing rogue Holsteins on a rampage

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Does this mean we must give it our Gaelic Blessing? :)

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

With Gaelic salt?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

http://www.amaranthpublishing.com/GaelicBlessing.htm

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/A-Gaelic-Blessing-SATB/526187

Yes, it's sacred music but it's a wonderful piece to the ears. Perhaps HC can be of help here ...

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

You forgot to mention they sell lottery tickets too.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That sucks.

Unless I have to, I avoid Casey's like the Black Plague since they got caught price-gouging after 9/11. Fuck those guys.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

All we have around here are Casey's, the "Pumpin' Pete's" chain I mentioned earlier and mom-n-pops. In comparison to the latter two, Casey's is the gold standard.

8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Even though I'm partial to Cumberland Farms, re: my earlier post, I also will throw out a shout-out to Store 24. I think it's now known as Tedeschi's, but when I was an undergrad at UConn in the mid-to-late 90s, Store 24 always was open and was a stone's throw away from the Daily Campus. A package of pretzel and nacho cheese Combos and a Snapple Iced Tea always helped me finish those weekend previews for the Huskies' golf team.

9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

Agreed.

QuickChek has better coffee and I think are bit better with the sandwiches. Unfortunately the one near here closes at 10

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

We've got them in upstate NY. Never heard of Wawa or Sheetz until I opened this thread 10 minutes ago.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Not Store 24 anymore? That's really going to throw me off kilter the next time I'm in Boston.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is a highway chain in the South called RaceTrac that used to be nothing more than a place to get cheap gas for cash only — basically a few gas pumps and a kiosk.

But a few years ago they rebranded themselves in the QuikTrip mode and now they have taquitos (I think they call them Tornados), hot dogs, fountain drinks, etc. RaceTrac convenience stores are typically about 5,000 square feet and are clean. They're all over DFW, just like QT and 7-Eleven (the proper style, thank you news side) are.

We don't have anything like a Sheetz or Wawa here, though. The closest thing to it like I said before is Allsups, but they're not in the Metroplex proper.

Draft saved Draft deleted