1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A necessity of American life, but I just never feel good, fulfilled or clean walking out of a convenience store.

If you buy gas, you are annoyed with the price of fuel. If you buy food it's likely not to be anything healthy or nutritious. If you buy a tobacco product you are thinking that you should quite.

Simply put, convenience stores are a depressing slice of America.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's not a bad take on it, to be honest.

My wife points out that the coffee's pretty good. ;)

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Also Wichita, Dallas-Fort Worth, OKC and Springfield, Mo. Maybe Topeka, though I haven't been there as much.

My first experience with QT was a store in Fort Scott, Kansas, in the mid 1980s. That town also had a 7-11 at the time. Now, neither chain would dare have a store in a town that small. 7-11 isn't even in Wichita, having surrendered to QT and selling its stores to Kum & Go.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

And Omaha.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am surrounded by Kangaroo stations (they snapped up a bunch of smaller chains, and I forget the name of the one here.) Not that impressive to me. I just hate that they bought out Golden Gallon, which used to have a little device that moved whenever you opened the dairy case.

Also, Weigels in Knoxville is the tits.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mooed not moved. Stupid autocorrect. Stupid can't edit posts on this phone.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Columbia, Mo. has one. Cedar Rapids used to, but it closed.

Yeah. I kinda like QT just a little bit.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

So, we all agree that Rutter's, in York County, Pa., and surrounding areas, is the best convenience store in America? :D

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My vote is for QT: 49-cent fountain drinks + crushed ice + cheapest gas + huge selection = win.

10. Boom_70

Is it a requirement in Cedar Rapids that convenience store workers must be over 300 LBS.
    If not it sure seems that way.

11. Boom_70

In 20 years Presidential candidates will be bragging that their grandfather worked at a convenience store.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

No-go in Springfield, Mo, anymore. All got bought out by Casey's.

Draft saved Draft deleted