1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Swears by Circle K, even if strange things are afoot there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

QuickTrip here is putting in a walk-in beer cooler. What more could you ask for?

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Pilot stores are hit and miss. The good ones will have food and beverage selection rivaling a QT, in addition to a choice between crushed ice and cubed ice. The not-so-good ones can be run down with little to no selection of stuff.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Casting a vote for GetGo in western Pennsylvania and Ohio - it's Giant Eagle's chain of convenience stores.

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Famima is pretty solid - they have prepackaged hot foods that are a cut above the reheated hamburgers at AM/PM.

There's one corner in Tucson (22nd and Kolb, maybe) that has two Circle K catercorner to each other. They both have exactly the same thing - gas with an attached convenience store. I assume this is so its convenient for you to get gas/food and go no matter which direction you are traveling, but I've never seen anything else like it.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've never gotten a sandwich at Wawa, but I've always liked it because pretty much every one I've ever been in was clean and well-stocked. The coffee always seems fresh, too. There was a Wawa in my apartment building when I lived in Philly. I went in there almost every day for something.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I usually only get soda or coffee from convenience stores and find am/pm to be expensive.

In SoCal, I like the stores connected to Chevron gas stations. They offer a wide variety of inexpensive coffee, plus Icees.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

WaWa is tremendous. In my late teens I worked at an amusement park right up the road from one, and a bunch of us would go there every night after work. We'd get there around 11 p.m., get some hoagies and a drink and hang out in the parking lot until 1 or 2 a.m.
    Even better was I rarely paid for anything out of my own pocket. The ride I worked on was a giant shakedown machine. Change would fall out of people's pockets all the time, and they'd get off the ride without realizing it. Or, it would fall into the area under the ride. Either way, we'd scoop it up. On a good day you'd pick up $5 or $10 -- just enough to pay for a late-night dinner at WaWa.
    Good times, man. Best summer of my life.

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'll take QuikTrip over all others in general, because of cleanliness, selection, the number of teeth the clerks have, etc.

For hot food, it's Casey's for me. They make a mean taco pizza.

10. Yeah. Pilot stores here suck. Filthy dirty.

Best? Sheetz.

End of Thread.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Beacon & Bridge is a very small Michigan chain. I had one near my house and the coffee, beer and liquor selection were very good (ie. not just Busch, Bud and Miller products).

12. Here in Texas, I like Buc-ees.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted