1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

AM/PMs used to be everywhere around here 20 years ago. They've died out to nearly being extinct.

2. Mags Convenience down in the hollah was the best until Mags died from Apple Pie poisoning.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

If you're on the road, my friend who is a trucker swears by Pilot.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Kum and Gos are trying to clean up with fresh food and nice interiors to look more like QTs, but i think its way overpriced compared to most.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wawa is the best convenience store I've visited in my travels around the country. Casey's is great for the redneck from Minnesota.

When I was a kid, my orthopedician's office was next door to Circle K's headquarters in Phoenix. Despite having a store in the headquarters, it was still a nasty dump.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When I was in college I was able to take two plane trips on the Circle K Leer jet. I cannot remember the CEO's name (Charles Dell?) but he was a member of the country club I worked at, and some other members (the Davis Family, heirs to the Avon fortune) would rent the jet to fly to Saratoga Springs, Wyoming.

I drove the Lincoln from Phoenix, shook hands with them at the airport and hopped in the plane to Sky Harbor.

I do remember Circle Ks being dumps.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Harumph! I don't frequent any chain convenience stores.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They have them in the Cleveland area too. I think I remember them in Akron too.

Not sure about other parts of Ohio.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Toss-up between QuickChek and Wawa.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not familiar with Wawa. Don't get up East much.

11. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Holy crap, Kum and Go? I think I'll pass on that one. I'm pretty impressed with Wawa. Good sammiches, fruits and veggies, tons of newspapers, good coffee. I grew up on Kwik Sak and Golden Gallon. Nothin' special there, but better than Kum and Go.

12. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Now that I think of it, there was a Kuntry Kitchen in my hometown.

Draft saved Draft deleted