1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was just gonna say that. They've got by far the least disgusting hot food selection.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sheetz beats down Wawa so bad the commercials should be on worldstarhiphop.com

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We have a Wawa about two miles from our house, but I've never been inside one. The wife and I were just talking this week about it. We feel like we've been sleeping on their sammiches. Always heard good things. Might try it out soon.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The sandwiches are ok, but Sheetz' sandwiches are better, has a much larger selection and they do breakfast 24/7.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

When I was growing up, Wawa was in CT. God how I miss it. Probably moving to PA sometime in the not too distant future, and I can't wait for the Wawa's trips.

6. JackReacher

Last couple times I've been to Sheetz, I've been unimpressed with the sammiches. One time at the Sheetz in my old neck of the woods; the other time at the Sheetz down the road from where I live now. It's definitely not like it used to be for whatever reason.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The good convenience stores still have Diet Coke in cans. Sheetz does not. 7-Eleven does.

Strangely, Wawa really hasn't made inroads in our specific area. We have a big convenience store chain called Rutter's, which is not bad. And I see Royal Farms starting to sift up here from the Beltway.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So the greatest TV series in the history of the medium -- Modern Marvels -- featured convenience stores once and they featured WaWa prominently. I had never heard of it before then.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

No love for Speedway? Guess it's just a midwestern chain... best gas prices, clean, decent food selection.

but yeah, I'm a QuikTrip guy when I can find them!

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Wawa kills QuikTrip in terms of hot food. They'll make you a decent cheesesteak or meatball sub at 3 a.m.

11. JackReacher

No, but I might stop in after work and see if the coffee is as silly as you're making it out to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Mizzou, they have AM/PMs in Chicagoland.

Draft saved Draft deleted