1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Apologies if this debate has been had here before. But I was ecstatic upon hearing the news that Wawa is expanding all the way down the Baltimore-DC corridor:

When I moved away from Philadelphia, Wawa was one of the things I missed the most, as there's one on practically every street corner there. There are a few in Virginia, but they're all at least a 45-minute drive away. I couldn't be happier about this expansion.

Wawa pwns any other convenience store I've ever been in. And you're all stupid if you disagree with me. ;D

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wawa is the best because of the sandwiches...

7-11 is great as well... I liked AM/PM as a kid, but I think they're only on the west coast.

All of the convenience stores where I live, suck...

I'm two hours from the nearest Mountain Dew slurpee. :D
  3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was expecting more when I moved here based on the rave reviews of Wawa. I prefer Sheetz' MTO sandwiches and meals so that's still my pick.
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wawa is clean and you never feel like you are on top of people when you are in there. Plus, they might have the best coffee.

Sheetz is good, but too cluttered.
  5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

In my area, Speedway is the only convenience store of any worth. Circle K bought out the regional chain that I used to like.
  6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

7. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

No 7-11 stores here ... worse, there's a local outfit that uses the "7" from the 7-11 logo, puts a "21" in a really small circle at the base of the 7, and tries to pass itself off as a 7-11 without the Slurpees. Double bad marks for having "open 24 hours" on its main sign in big type, only to be closed by the time I drive home from work every night.

Quik Trip in the Atlanta area has a really good drink and grill selection. And Circle K is starting to match them in some of its larger stores.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

When you're driving out in the boondocks of flyover country, this is what you want to see on the edge of town ...

Pizza. Donuts. Beer. Gas. Slim Jims. Scratch tickets.

Casey's has what you need.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The thing I miss most about PA is Sheetz To Go. The convenience stores in RI suck.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God I miss QT.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Count me in as a 7-Eleven fan.

Here in urban LA we also have a Japanese chain called Famima!! (sic) which is really strong as well.
  12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

QuikTrip. No competition.
Draft saved Draft deleted