1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best contest dunk ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seen this one making the rounds on some shows and the web. Some street baller at a dunk contest in L.A. does a cartwheel, grabs the ball off the ground while upside down, then follows it up with a flawless between-the-legs dunk.
    Pretty badass.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

He also manages to slow his ascent. :D

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Best ever? Nah. Cedric Ceballos once did a blindfolded dunk.

No, really! During All-Star Weekend! ....................... What?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Everything is cooler in slo-motion and extreme camera angles. The raw footage was of a dumpy 5-8 white guy hitting a 6-foot bank shot.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And he was wearing a headband and striped tube socks pulled up to his knees.

Here's a clip (of the dunk, not the dumpy white guy) at full speed and without all of the cheesy Nike crap on there.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It wasn't in a dunk contest, but it basically was in a dunk contest: Air Up There's 720-degree dunk.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Personally, I always liked Hook Mitchell' dunk over a car.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're a guy between the ages of 30-40, it's probably at least a 50-50 shot that you had the poster of this dunk on your wall sometimes as a kid...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

This one on your ceiling.

[​IMG]

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was a tad before my time, but my cousins had that one. I had posters of Heather Thomas, Heather Locklear and Alyssa Milano at some point though.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Same idea, but this one applies more to the "between ages of 40 and 50" today set.

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Yup, had this one. Was my favorite photo until I saw Cheryl Tiegs in a white fishnet getup in an SI swimsuit issue. Yowza!

Edit to add details: Turns out, it was the 1978 swimsuit issue. If I could ever be smart enough to discern how to put pis here, I would do so. Yes, I know, full of fail, I be.

Draft saved Draft deleted