1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best concert you never saw

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

:eek:

2. wish i could have caught soundgarden between 92 and 94 and nirvana around the same time. seen pearl jam plenty of times but never in the early 90s. what i would have given to see ed climbing the stacks and screaming "state of love and trust."

faith no more, metallica, guns and roses, august 1992 at the pontiac silverdome. oh my lord. the show to end all shows.

and as someone already mentioned about the dead shows at deer creek: i'll never see a show at that fucking shithole for that exact reason. makes me wish darwin would have blessed the midwest music scene and brought the meth epidemic, a REAL drug problem, to indiana back in the day. nothing but a bunch of lukewarm IQ indiana cops and politicians deciding to overreact and crackdown on a bunch of hippies attending a dead show. and take your "sobriety checkpoints" entering deer creek and shove them up your ass. "oh my god, a bunch of hippies tripping on acid! this is worth wasting taxpayer dollars on!"

fuck mark souder. fuck him to hell.

3. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

I had tickets to U2 about 2-1/2 hours away. It was around Rattle and Hum, I think. Back in the day (they might still do this; I don't know) when they would pull someone from the crowd to play guitar on Party Girl. (I play guitar, FYI.) I didn't have enough money to make the trip, so I sold the tickets to a guy I worked with, who also plays guitar. Well, as luck would have it, they pulled THAT guy from MY seventh-row seat to play. I was pissed. But what can you do. Never saw U2. I was OK, though, a few weeks later at a Neil Young/Social Distortion/Sonic Youth show. Front row.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I would've loved to have seen John Lee Hooker.

Maybe, if he recovers enough, I could see Bo Diddley.

Draft saved Draft deleted