1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best concert you never saw

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't fucking find Peter Wolf's "Lights Out" or "Come As You Are" on iTunes. Can you believe that?

that's all I've got to contribute, since I like crap and all the artists I like tour because they're broke and need the money.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I never saw Mozart perform with Charlie Parker, Buddy Rich and Charles Mingus.

3. I did.
    It rocked.
    Then Wolfgang and Bird went back to the Chelsea and shot up.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Can't Get Started" is another great Peter Wolf song. "99 Worlds" is good too.

5. Get the first live record, "Full House."

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had tickets to see John Legend when he was playing about an hour and a half from here. Was dating a guy long-distance, and he came up that day. We were all set to go...but then he was tired. I volunteered to not go to the concert (even though he had time to nap) and he took me up on it. No refunds. I was out however much money, while he was a complete bitch about it.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Got that one. One of the greatest live albums ever. Blow Your Face Out is fucking good too.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I never got a chance to see Nirvana or Sublime, and I'm sorry for that. But Blink 182 and Fenix TX went on tour with Bad Religion in 2000 and hit Watertown, N.Y. I was 16 and didn't live too far away from there, and I had my license and a car of my own. A newspaper clipping of the show advertisement, a gift from my sister, hung on my wall weeks before the show.

At the time, I was a big Blink fan -- had been since 1997 -- but didn't know much of Fenix TX, and while I bought three used Bad Religion albums, I hadn't listened to them. However, my buddy and I began to listen and be blown away by both bands during our senior years of high school and freshman years of college. When we came back to hang out in my room, we looked at the poster, then at each other and realized just how fucking retarded we were.

It was just an indication of things to come. ...

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Fleetwood Mac. Their last stop on The Dance tour was at the Capital Centre in 1997.

When Christine McVie retired, I really wished that I'd gone to that show.

10. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I have to say Hannah Montana....That is the best concert that I will never see....

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Until a few months ago, I would have had to say Genesis.

Now, it would probably be a '70s era Chicago show (before Terry Kath died) or The Police.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When I listen to "Sinatra at The Sands" and think joining him on stage were Count Basie and his orchestra led by Quincy Jones, it's hard not to wish I was there.

Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison would have been good too.

As for a band I would have loved to have seen in their prime? The Beatles before they came across the pond. That would have been cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted