1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best "company made it up to me" annecdotes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Apr 17, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We were on vacation in Seattle, with the kids. We got lost driving around, looking for restaurants. We passed the same Hooters twice, looking for some other place. Finally, my wife said we should just eat at the Hooters. Yes, we had the kids with us, but my wife was really hungry. I should note that my wife grew up in Florida right near Clearwater and doesn't really have a problem with Hooters.

So we sit down and we're eating and all of a sudden, there's a commotion at the next table. It was some guy's bachelor party and he was getting the full treatment. The manager saw that there were kids at our table and made the girls stop and offered to comp us dessert because of it.

The problem was that during the day it's pretty safe to take kids in there, but since it was mid-summer in Seattle, it was a lot later than we thought--maybe 9:30. So it was really our fault for bringing kids in there so late. But the dessert was good.

Draft saved Draft deleted