1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best commercials ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Sep 11, 2007.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I was on youtube the other night and I stumbled across the Leon Budweiser ads. I watched all of them and man they are funny as hell. Anyone else have any good ad campaigns that they remember.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This thread begins and ends with Terry Tate: Office Linebacker.

"You kill the Joe, you make some mo."

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

How about a classic?

Anyone else remember the (I think it was Coke) ad with the adorable little kid who is being mobbed by a gang of puppies? The kid's giggles were terrific.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's among the greatest of all time, but that new Nike commercial -- the one with Shawne Merriman running through a bunch of different stadiums, weather and running backs, followed by Steven Jackson darting past a bunch of tacklers in different stadiums before running into four Steelers and sticking the ball out for the end zone -- is pretty damn cool.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Jim Mike, PR Guy is pretty good. It's a US Women's National Soccer team commercial...or set of commercials.

6. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/45338/

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I hate Arby's but in Canada the newest commercial is so cool. They have highland dancing monkies.

I love it!

8. Frylock

Frylock Member

From the past few months:
    Ballet parking?
    Yes, Billy. Ballet parking. Bring your toe shoes.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Too many great ones that trump those Leon commercials, which were more than offset by the presence of Joe Buck. I could think about it and still miss maybe the best ones, but three that come to mind are Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" from when I was a kid, the Mars Blacmon Nike commercials with Spike Lee and Michael Jordan from the 80s (Money, is it the shoes?)... And the McDonald's commercial (early 90s?) in which Larry Bird and Michael Jordan play horse: "Off the expressway, over the river, off the billboard, through the window, off the wall, nothing but net."

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and if it is just sports and you want classic, nothing beats the Coke, Mean Joe Greene commercial from the late 70s: "Hey kid... catch!" ... "Wow!!!! Thanks Mean Joe!"

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Agreed.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Right now I get a kick out of the new Geico ads, especially the one with Ben Winkler, the Cabbage Patch Adult.

Draft saved Draft deleted