1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best comic scenes in movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Mr Football

Mr Football New Member

Yes sir! Blue Moon, Coors Light or Sam Adams? Have those in the fridge and can get you leftovers from a very fine Mexican joint.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Hee Hee. I'll take the Sam Adams. And thanks!

For humor also, I'll throw out the bedroom scene in Sideways when Miles is trying to get Jack's wallet back. The way Paul Giamatti's eyes dart back and forth cracks me up.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Airplane — The jive-talking scene.

Sideways — "I'm not drinking any fucking Merlot!" "Hey, if the girls wanna drink Merlot, we're drinkin' Merlot."

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That never gets old ;D

-Everything in Airplane from the Krishnas to Robert Stack talking after all it was over.
    -Porky's because of Coach Ballbricker, Pee-Wee, and Meat
    -Scene from "Ruthless People" was the video of what was supposed to be DeVito killing Bette Midler was actually the Police Chief banging the hooker. Bill Pullman's face was priceless when he overhears in the t.v. store "That's my husband!" And the classic one from the cops: "That has to be the stupidest man on the face of the earth." "Maybe we should shoot him."

5. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Baxter the Dog talking to the grizzly bear in Anchorman left me in tears when I saw it in the theater.
    It's not a comedy, but in Road House, when Patrick Swayze and that other guy are beating the shit out of each other in the lake, in between punches Dalton says to him 'You are such an asshole.' Don't know why, but it always makes me laugh.
    Woody Allen's fight with Kirstie Alley in Deconstructing Harry is probably my favorite, though.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I've heard about this...CAT JUGGLING.
    Never gets old.

7. Mr Football

Mr Football New Member

While it might no be among the classics listed above, thought the bear in the ice cream truck that scared the kids in Borat was pretty funny, too.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Great thread. Just to nominate something that hasn't been mentioned, I'll go with Tom Hanks in the "Money Pit." The scene where he's stuck in the carpet in the hole in the floor, and the whole scene where he winds up in the fountain. Classic.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The brief glimpse of the bear's head in the fridge a little later was classic, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted