1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best College Towns You've Visited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by expendable, Aug 12, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Songbird, I've been to Hanover, and there isn't a thing to do there but smoke dope and fuck...

Nevermind.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Ivy League 8-balls (that'd be a great band name, The Ivy League 8-balls).

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Columbia, S.C. sucks enormous ass.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

indeed

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Thanks for the safety tip. Next time my travels take me to the DEDMON Center (truth in advertising?), I'll remember to take along sanitizer.

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Westwood
    Ann Arbor
    Chapel Hill
    Tallahassee

But they're all great when someone else is paying!

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Isn't that what helps make a town the "best college town you've visited"? 8)

Never mind ...

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Big Ten edition ...

1. Bloomington (yeah, I'm biased. But it's the combination of a good small town plus a really nice campus plus some great watering holes).
    2. Madison (bigger town, but the two lakes on the campus are beautiful. The bar scene is second-to-none. Like a lot of college towns, it's rather hostile to cars. My favorite Big Ten place to visit).
    3. Ann Arbor (nice town, nice campus. Wish I'd have been able to visit more).
    4. Champabana (only because of Garcia's Pizza and the "you can get into bars but can't drink -- wink, wink -- at 19" rule).
    5. Evanston (but only because Wrigley Field is a 15-minute ride on the Red/Purple Lines and the Loop is 35 minutes away :). Seriously, Evanston stands pretty well on its own).
    6. East Lansing (actually, Lansing. Kind of nice town. I like the campus layout and everyone is really, really friendly at MSU).
    7. Iowa City (would've been better had I not been pulled over at 1 a.m. because the cop needed something to do. Nice town, easy to get around, good ambience, but they roll up the sidewalks early there).
    8. West Lafayette (the campus is so freaking industrial, it's hard to like. If it were any school other than Purdue there, I'd still have it rated this low).
    9-10. Columbus/Minneapolis. Both are big cities. They're not college towns.
    Not rating State College because I've never been there.

9. Frylock

Frylock Member

Tempe
    Columbia, Mo.
    Pullman/Moscow
    Tuscaloosa

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Chiming in late ...

Austin, Texas
    State College, Pa.
    Fort Collins, Colo.
    Amherst, Mass.
    Lawrence, Kan.
    Syracuse-Ithaca, N.Y.

Even though it's not a prototypical college town, Pittsburgh is a GREAT place if you're a college student.

Draft saved Draft deleted