1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best college QB you ever saw

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 28, 2011.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

Was Marino before your time?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This thread title is "Best college QB you ever saw," not "Pretty good college QB you saw."

I'd go Frazier. I'd love to see him on the 2011 Broncos.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I only saw him on TV but before he wrecked his knee in 1987, Oklahoma's Jamelle Holieway was the best option QB of all time. Darian Hagan at Colorado was damn good as well.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness, I did see McNabb obliterate BC single-handed one time. Only time I saw Namath in college on TV was the famous Orange Bowl game against Texas. He looked pretty good. But I covered Flutie's whole career, and it was astonishing. One more who deserves mention but I only saw as a kid on TV once or twice -- Staubach at Navy.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That explains a lot. :D

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Marino was before the Big East's time by 10 years. And yes, when he connected on that Hail Mary in the Sugar Bowl I believe I was 5.

7. sportbook

sportbook Member

Antwaan Randle El. Maybe not the best but I have never been in a press box before or since when so many people said, "Are you kidding me?" Brees and Brady were in the Big Ten at the same time but Randle El was incredible to watch.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Don't take that from IJAG. When Kim and Kris broke up, she said, "We're all devastated. All of us, Bruce, Kourtney, Mason, Khloe, Lamar, mom, are heartbroken."

As for the question, I can't really add anyone who hasn't been mentioned. I'm guessing no one will buy my claim that Jim Ballard from Mount Union in the early 90s was the best.

Az's list is the coolest, unless someone was around to see Sid Luckman dominate at Columbia.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember being awed just watching Marino warm up before the 1983 Senior Bowl. He was standing flat-footed on the 50 and lobbing the ball into the end zone.

I was 9. I also got Bum Phillips to autograph my program.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Also, Piotr, he says "we" and "us" about Florida AND Maryland. Pretty sure he only went to one. And STILL pretty sure he didn't suit up for the Terps.

So no, they're not "we" or "us." They're them. And if you want to be a journalist, you'd damn well better figure it out.

11. beanpole

beanpole Member

Pennington and Moss played one year together -- 1997. Pennington redshirted Moss's other year.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

STG,

I'm going to legitimately say Dave Dickenson.

Draft saved Draft deleted