1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best college QB you ever saw

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 28, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Stop.
    Saying.
    Us.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

On another thread he says "we" when talking about the Gators. Must have been a tough day when MD-UF played in the Orange Bowl.

Probably wore a half UF, half MD jersey. May have been the prototype for the garbage Md wears now.

3. ejhayes737

ejhayes737 Member

Not really, but thanks. Grew up in Florida, went to UMD. But you already knew that right?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I posted "Stop. Saying. We." on that thread first, then stumbled on this one.

I can only hope he's only six months out of school, and nowhere near actual journalism.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was thinking maybe he was Josh Portis. Somebody start a California-Pennsylvania thread and we'll know for sure. ;)

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Antwaan Randle El.

Had nothing around him talent-wise, yet still managed to score 35-plus points a game during a very strong era for the Big Ten.

7. ejhayes737

ejhayes737 Member

Is this really necessary? Do you always jump on newer members?

And yes, I am fairly new to journalism. Thanks for the support though.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The "never say WE!!!" elitism isn't that big a deal. If it's some pro team or a school you didn't attend, you don't get to say "we." But since a lot of their marketing is based on being a "fill-in-the-blank for life!" if it's your alma mater (or your country, for that matter), feel free to say "We."

Unless you hate your alma mater . . .

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

IJAG always says "we" when referring to her beloved alma mater. :D

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

What position did you play on the team?

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Honestly, the best throwing arm I've ever seen was Jeff George's. To this day I've never seen a QB who could put the ball any spot he wanted seemingly with an instant flick of the wrist the way George did his final year at Illinois.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bernie Kosar. Fearless freshman against the "unbeatable" Cornhuskers in '81(?). Not pretty but got the job done with a kick-a** attitude. (Unfortunately lost the Flutie game.)

Draft saved Draft deleted