1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best City in America?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daemon, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

That I've lived in: NYC. Easily tops for me. My only wish was that I was single in NYC longer. Ideally, i'll own a studio as a crash pad for writing in the city one day. Pipe dream, but what's life without em?

Spent some time in, seemed cool: San Diego. Raleigh is a kick-ass city for young people (plus college hoops hotbed, 3 colleges nearby).
    If i was loaded, and could buy a place here for the winter: Miami. Duh. Love it. Too damn hot in the summer, but to be single in South beach ...

Also ... Seattle. Love it there. Will take a hit when the Soncs leave ... but still, you've got the mountains and the ocean, and that's unbeatable.

Never thought I'd say this ... Denver. Wondered why a bunch of hot chicks i know from high school moved there after college and it's kind of cool. I'm not the outdoorsy type, so it'd get old ... but it seemed like a fun city.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Paris and Picacho Street in the same night. Priceless.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

My only knock here is that after the NBA, you've got nothing. Not to mention the really, really shitty traffic almost round the clock. That city has been booming in the last few years, and the roads have not kept up. I do like Orlando, though.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

E-Town, that magnificent ball of dirt, rocks in so many ways. If they ever took care of their portion of the lake it would be money.

Why do NYC, Washington and San Francisco have to be so damn expensive? What great cities.

All-affordable division: Nashville's a quality place, as are Cleveland and (the first mention of this unknown jewel) Columbus.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dammit, how'd I miss Columbus? Used to go up there to shop when I was in college and they've got the NHL. I'm a dork. It is a great town. Too bad it's not out West, dammit.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Malls & flea markets out the ying yang?

Jesus, that's the definition of hell on earth.

Orlando is an armpit. It's not even in the top 50.

7. Songbird

And I thought Pownal was the only true "armpit" of America. Then again, Pownal had Lollapalooza.

8. sportschick

Butte, Mont., is the armpit of America, if only b/c of the gigantic mining pit there.

9. Songbird

How many different ways is Cooper Anderson going to poeticize his time as a war correspondant?

10. sportschick

I thought it was Anderson Cooper?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I gotta agree with JR.

Orlando sucks huge donkey nuts.

HUGE!

12. Songbird

Oops. It is. I made myself laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted