1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best City in America?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daemon, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd probably vote for San Diego... The weather is perfect. It's expensive, but not as bad as LA or SF...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Missoula's population is only about 35,000 (55,000 on Griz Game Day), so I don't think it counts. I'd take it over Cleveland otherwise.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

What's wrong with Cleveland?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Chicago.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What's wrong with Cleveland. Nothing. Well, that's not true either. I'm sure there are things wrong with Cleveland, I just don't know what they are. I'll leave that to cleveSportsJournalists.com.

i was just trying to back Missoula, and give sc a homestate rep on her list.

6. sportschick

Nothing "wrong" with Cleveland. It's just that I'd take Missoula over it for a variety of reasons -- more outdoor opportunites, the college town atmosphere, it's smaller (I hate really big cities), cleaner, less pollution.

And I really like Cleveland, or it wouldn't have been on my original list of my best cities.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Pittsburgh is a shithole as well, though PNC is a fantastic park. I haven't seen all of Pitt (perhaps I missed the nice area?), but what I have seen was pretty bad. The drive through the mountains into the city, though, was gorgeous. I imagine the outlying suburbs are great.

8. sportschick

Hey, if I leave Montana cities off my list, there's less of chance of you wahoos showing up out here and screwing with my isolated state  ;D

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sc always wants one...

Always.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I loved living in Chicago. It might be my favorite place to live.
    I live in New York City now. It can get overwhelming in a way that Chicago didn't, but the flip side is that a week doesn't go by in which I don't see or experience something extraordinary that I could not expect to find anywhere else.
    The only other city I could see myself living in--although I have never lived there--is San Francisco.

Honorable Mention; I wouldn't want to live in either place, but they each have their merits:
    Washington, D.C. Have a lot of friends who live down there and in Northern VA and I have a good time every time I head down. Plus, I am a sucker for Americana and American history.
    San Diego: I have had to visit something like 8 or 9 times for work in the last 4 or 5 years. I hated it at first, but each time I've visited the place has grown on me. A lot of seemingly shallow people there, and culturally it suffers compared to the larger cities I mentioned, but it's scenic, the weather is perfect and the women are beautiful. Hard to argue with those things.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If <unnamed pennsylvania city> hadn't been home to the beautiful ship you see to the left during her early retirement years, I would have nothing but bad things to say about it. As it is, I give it a tip of the hat for taking care of my lady.

12. Well, it is a good place to load up on fireworks and cheap cigarettes (unlit, of course -- the fireworks, don'tyaknow). Not a good place to get shot in the head, however. (Good one, FH.)

Draft saved Draft deleted