1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Christmas Specials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 6, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We've done the movies and the animated kids shows, but you don't see so many Christmas specials anymore. Any faves?
    Happened upon the Larry the Cable Guy Christmas on VH-1 tonight and it was pretty damn funny. The Celebrity Roast of Santa Claus (George Wendt) featuring Mama from Mama's Family, the three Wise men (Flavor Flav, George Wallace and Katt Williams) and others was a high point.
    Okay, it wasn't Bob Hope, Perry Como or Bing Crosby, but it'll do.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

A Claymation Christmas

All others are second or lower.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The Star Wars Christmas Special is near and dear to my heart. Specially when you meet Chewy's family. :D

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I rather enjoyed Immortal's Black Christmas.

[​IMG]

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

First thing I thought of.

Was it the Bob Hope special where Bing and Bowie dueted?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Favourites:

A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas

in which Peter watches

KISS Saves Christmas ... "Someone kidnapped Santa? That does not rock!"

As far as the kids shows go, my favourite was on last night -- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Nothing like a little Burgermeister Meisterburger and the Winter Warlock to kick off the Yuletide season. Safe reminder of how the German overlords were so evil.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My favorite all-time Christmas special in a sitcom was from Saved By The Bell. I think it was the only Christmas episode in four seasons, though I could be mistaken.

Slater, Jessie and Kelly got jobs in the mall, while Lisa had to volunteer at her parents' hospital. So Zack and Screech wondered the mall in between helping Mrs. Morris out with putting together "A Christmas Carol."

Zack meets up with a homeless girl, who's working with Kelly at Moody's, a clothing store. Zack takes a liking to Jennifer -- the homeless girl -- and takes her to lunch. Later in the episode, a homeless guy, who Zack and Screech spotted in the men's room, collapses and Slater joins the guys in helping until the paramedics arrive. The gang decides to visit the homeless guy in the hospital, where they were just dropping off gifts for the sick kids, and they notice Jennifer's there. It's her father.

"To be continued"

When the show picks up, Jennifer and Zack gets closer and they all arrange for her to play in "A Christmas Carol," even if it means the play turns into one big advertisement for Moody's Store for Men. Following the play, Zack and Mrs. Morris invite Jennifer and her father, Frank, to spend the holidays with them; they checked with Derrick Morris, the father and husband, and he was cool with it.

They all gather around the piano and sing "Silent Night" and the credits roll.

It's a great episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted