1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Christmas pop/rock songs/covers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

My addition to the aforementioned songs is the Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan cover of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Normally, I respect everyone's taste in music and that some songs have special meaning to certain people. I can dig that.

However, the answer to this question is "Fairytale of New York." There is no other correct answer.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I dig their version of that song. I also like James Taylor's "Deck The Halls" with an Old English flair.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No Use For A Name's cover is my favorite. By far.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

blue christmas - elvis

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And might I add to that Jack Johnson covering "Rudolph" -- another new favorite for me.

One song I didn't like 10 years ago but has grown on me so much this past year that's now on my Christmas CD is TLC's "Sleigh Ride." Love that song now.

7. Anything with Darlene Love can't go wrong, but add to that:

James Brown - Santa Claus is Definitely Here to Stay
    Springsteen's version of Merry Christmas Baby and Santa Claus is Coming to Town

And the punk sampler, Happy Birthday Baby Jesus is tremendous - it's on itunes...great version of "I Wish it could be Christmas every day" and "Nothing for Me"

Draft saved Draft deleted